Sunday 7 May 2017

Cooper at 6 Months

This post makes me a little bit sad.  My baby is half a year old already.  I'm halfway through my maternity leave (which is the saddest part).  I'm really enjoying being home with both of the boys.  Some days are harder than others, Parker has been giving me a run for my money lately, but overall I just love being their mom, watching them grow and develop and feeling like everything that they learn is because of me.

With that being said though, Cooper growing up is so much fun.  He's really turned into a little boy this past month, and I know that will only continue.

Weight: His six month appointment isn't until next week, but I think he's around 20lbs.

Clothes: I still cram him into some 3-6 month sleepers and he still fits ok in the onesies, but really he's 6-12 months.

Diapers: Size 3

Feeding:  It's so hard to say when he eats on demand because eating times can really vary.  Here is what our rough daily schedule is like I would say:
8am - Up and will be happy for a bit before I eventually feed him.
10:30 - Eats a little bit and falls back asleep - nap can vary in length, if he's in the car seat it's much longer than if he's in his crib
2 - Eats
5 - Eats
8 - Eats
9:30 - Eats and then bed

He can go longer in between and hopefully there is an afternoon nap in there, but every day still looks different for us.  I'm expecting more of a schedule to start soon.

Sleeping: He goes to bed around 10 and wakes up between 7 and 9.  He is typically still up once in the night to nurse, usually between 2:30 and 4:30.  He nurses for 10-15 minutes and falls back asleep.

Developmental Milestones:
-He can roll over back to tummy more frequently, but is often quite content on his back still.  Sometimes he rolls over in bed and then gets very angry.
-Can sit up for short periods of time
-In his bouncy chair he will try to sit more upright

Likes:
- His toys
- Bath time with big brother
- His big brother in general.  Parker will climb all over him and Cooper just smiles away at him.
- His exersaucer.  He's entertained in there for a long time
- TV.  It really catches his attention.  I was able to keep Parker from watching his own shows until he was 2, but of course because it's on for Parker now, Cooper can watch too.
- Diaper changes.  When I change his diaper he puts his hands behind his head and smiles at me.  So relaxed!

Dislikes:
- When he rolls onto his tummy
- Bottles apparently.  We have left him 3 times in the past week and he will take maybe one bottle and then wants nothing to do with them.  When we left for a whole day he ate about 8 oz total.  Luckily he's big and I don't worry about him like I did with Parker.  And I've been told he didn't get too cranky despite the fact that he hadn't eaten...

This kid doesn't really dislike much.  He will cry if he's really hungry or right before he falls asleep.  But often he doesn't even get that fussy when he's hungry, I just figure it's about time to eat and he eats.


This boy is just a joy to be around.  He smiles and laughs easily.  He loves his brother so much and his brother loves him.  I see him becoming a kid in some of the things he does and can't believe how fast the time is going.  I've always been one to look forward to things in the future, and I love that my kids have allowed me to slow down and enjoy each day.  Because one day they are doing something and the next day they have grown and stop doing it.  I'm just lucky to be called mommy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment