Wednesday 10 June 2015

That Time We Went Camping

This past weekend we went camping for the first time this year.  And Parker went camping for the first time ever.


While I was pregnant I was kind of nervous about camping with a baby.  If you have a baby who is up crying 3 times a night, the last thing you want is to be waking up all of the campers around you as well.  Luckily, Parker isn't that baby.  And he can sleep through pretty much anything.  

So basically Parker did amazingly well this weekend.  I think that the fresh air was great for him.  He slept tons during the day, but when he was awake he was happy and content.  I would just set him in his stroller and he would sit there and smile at us. 

At night he was his typical good baby self and would go to sleep as soon as I put him in his playpen.  The first night he woke up at 5:45 and was fussy, so I did feed him (but being so close to him and being able to feed him in bed is super easy).  Then he went back to sleep until 8.  The second night he slept straight until 8am.

So first camping trip was definitely a success.  Plus the rest of us had a great time too.  We went with my parents and sister.  We had a nice long bike ride.  It was supposed to be a leisurely bike ride but I tried to take a short cut back and we ended up on a mountain biking trail.... oops.  We played games, had camp fires and ate.  

Now we just have to plan the next camping adventure!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment