Thursday 9 March 2017

Second Babies

I just want to clear a few things up about second babies.  My entire life I've been listening to my sister, who has a serious case of the middle child syndrome, complain about how everyone else is more loved.  And now that I have 2 kids, I think I can speak to it a little bit.

I love my second baby so so much.

With Cooper, when I had him I already knew what it was like to have a baby and have them grow so incredibly fast.  With Cooper I soak in every second.  I just look at him and can't help but smile at how much love I have for him.

The more kids you have, the more your attention is divided.  This is something that can't be helped.  And I feel that at different times, each kid requires more attention, meaning the other kid gets a bit less than they maybe deserve.  (And then in comes the mom guilt...)  But the love?  The love just multiplies.

Cooper definitely gets less attention from everyone else than Parker did at the same age.  But from me the kiddo gets loads of attention.  I could just stare at him all day.  And eventually, when he's bigger and his interest in me isn't solely because I'm his food source, I know he will get lots of attention too.

I mean look at this face.  What's not to love?


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment