Friday 6 October 2017

Cooper at 11 Months

Big mama tears over here.  One month away from being a year old.  It amazes me how they change in a year.  How everything changes in a year.  I was thinking the other day about how when I had Cooper, how hard it was to go anywhere.  Parker was little and barely listening and so whenever possibly I did errands without him.  I still choose to do errands without him when I can (haha!), but if he's with me, I can set him down and get Cooper out of the car.  He can walk by himself into a store.  It's just totally different.  Both of them can sit up in a cart and I actually have room for my groceries.  Cooper doesn't eat constantly so I can go out and rarely even have to feed him.  And if he does get hungry, he eats for about five minutes.

Cooper has been an easy baby all around, and having him was much easier than when I had Parker.  But everything now just seems so much easier too.  And I think that's what I have to remember during the tricky times (and Ryan has to remember...), that they are in a difficult stage, where they need a ton of energy from us.  They need us constantly, but soon enough they won't need us for everything anymore.  They will get their own food and milk, they will get themselves dressed and pee on the potty.  And it's ok for us to not love every minute during this time, but someday we will miss those little voices asking us for more milk please, and crawling into our laps for cuddles.  And those days are going to come sooner than we think, and sooner than they should.

Ok anyways, this is really supposed to be about Cooper and what he's like at 11 months, not about all of my emotional mama issues!

Weight: I have no idea. I meant to weigh the heavy lug the other day and I forgot.  But he's heavy!

Height: In comparison to Parker a year ago, he's tall.  

Diapers: Size 4

Clothes: Still kind of fits in some 6-12 months, but 12 months fits better.  

Sleep:  We are working on it, slowly but surely.  He's getting better at going back to sleep by himself sometimes.  He's still nursing a couple times a night.  It really needs to stop...

Naps are pretty good.  He sleeps for about an hour in the morning and a couple hours in the afternoon.  He is still generally going to bed between 9 and 10...I really want to get that earlier for when I'm back at work!

Eating: Oh boy, does this boy love to eat! What a different eater he is than his brother.  You can put anything in front of him and he just sits there and eats away.  He's also getting better with his cup with a straw and the 360 cup and he seems to like the milk!  He eats 3 meals a day and then sometimes some snacks as well.

He nurses only a few times a day, generally not for too long unless he's nursing himself to sleep for a nap.  He maybe nurses 4 times a day in general (plus night feeds).  Considering I go back to work in less than 2 weeks though we need to start decreasing it more.  But I'm not ready to be done!  I was so ready with Parker, because I always had to force him to eat.  With Cooper, it has been so easy that I don't feel like I'm desperate for my body back.  Although I know once I have it, it will probably be nice.

Milestones & likes:
Hmm what's new.  He motors around everywhere.  He pulls himself up onto tables, he hasn't done it onto his feet a ton of times, but he is constantly pulling himself up just enough to grab stuff.  He likes to clear off shelves if he can reach.  Loves getting into the garbage cans.

His favourite spot is Parker's room, I always find him in there playing.  He likes to crawl into our laps, and climb on me if I'm on the floor or working out.  He loves loves loves his brother and still thinks he's hilarious.  He has a monster grin that I absolutely love.  He loves to splash in the tub, the bathroom gets pretty soaked!  Parker yells at him and says "no splashing!" Like as if he's a rule follower...

Dislikes:
I don't even have anything to put here with this easy going kiddo.



No comments:

Post a Comment