Friday 14 March 2014

Awkward Andy

I lived with 14 people throughout my University education.  It wasn't always a good time, let's just say that.  There are numerous stories that I could tell about these five years of my life, but I think I will start with the one that I will never forget.

Awkward Andy.

That's what we called him anyways.  So basically, I bought my own house in third year of university, and then had the task of finding roommates.  I had just taken a year off to do a co-op so all of my friends had houses and I was kind of on my own.  So my mom (I blame my mom), went down to the city to meet a potential roommate.  She said he was a quiet guy in second year and she thought he seemed ok.  Thanks a lot mom.
We tried to befriend him.  But he was so awkward!  And this is coming from a socially awkward penguin like myself!  I have some examples of his awkwardness:
Besides Awkward Andy, I loved that little house

  • He lost his key all the time.  We would find it on the driveway, the living room floor, the counter, the backyard.  One day we knew he had left it inside, so we sat in the living room and waited for him to knock on the door.  But the knock never came.  Then we heard him downstairs in his room.  To avoid talking to us, he had crawled through his bedroom window.
  • He would do all of his cooking in the middle of the night so that he didn't have to be in the same room as us.  One night the smoke detector woke me up at 2 in the morning.  He had food on the stove, but had decided to go out for a late night stroll while it was cooking.
  • He walked to school, 45 minutes, in the rain, frequently. 
  • After 6 months of this, I confronted him about using the phone (he didn't pay for it).  Things got a little heated and I told him I thought he should find another place to live next year.  He responded with "Do you have a problem with me?"  Um this is the most we have spoken in five months and you frequently climb through your bedroom window so that you don't have to talk to us.  So yes, I have a problem with you.
Let's just say, I was glad when he moved out. 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment