Thursday 31 December 2015

2015

I'm not really ready for this year to be over.  And that's something that you don't usually hear at the end of the year.  But 2015 was a good year for us.  One of our best years yet.

This is the year that we became a family of 3.  That Ryan and I became parents and are now mommy and daddy.  That our hearts grew about a million times.  And so this is a year that I will never forget.

Before you have kids, you really don't understand what it's like.  And I'm saying that because before I had Parker I truly had no idea.  I was afraid that I wouldn't love him enough, what if I didn't even like him! What if I hated being a mom and resented all of the time that he required.  But none of that happened.  Instead he just brought me immense amounts of joy and love so strong that it physically pains me at times.

We had some great times this year.  

We had a great family wedding.  What's better than that!

We went camping a lot and bought a new trailer which actually fits our family of 3 comfortably (plus my sister).  We went to New York and saw a ton of waterfalls.  

We spent weekends at the cottage with family and friends.

I tried to make the most of my year off, and I think that I did.  I enjoyed watching Parker grow and develop, I went to play groups and met other moms and grew closer with some of my friends who have their own babies.  I feel lucky that I'm going through this journey with a few great girls and I look forward to our kids playing together for years to come.

I found a yoga studio that I absolutely love and I can't wait to keep attending classes and getting stronger and maybe someday being able to do that headstand.

We cheered for the Blue Jays which is something I never thought I would do or would have my kid doing.  And we have completely ignored the Leafs.  Parker was definitely born in a backwards year...

This has been a great year.  And in some ways I'm so sad to see it go.  But I know that we have so much to look forward to.  That's the great thing about having kids, every year is a new adventure.  Next year Parker will grow up before our eyes.  I look forward to watching him, making family memories and growing our family. (No I'm not pregnant, but that doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to giving Parker a sibling, or 2...)

So happy New Year!  I hope that you all had a great year like we did and that your next year is just as great!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment