Friday 14 February 2014

I Don't Really Do Valentines

Valentine's Day has never been a special holiday too me.  Back in the days when I was single, it was a depressing day that just reminded me of that.  So then whenever I had a boyfriend, I kind of felt guilty for celebrating a holiday that makes so many people feel bad.

I also am rather thrifty.  So the thought of spending more than you usually would on gifts, dinners, chocolate and flowers drives me nuts.  Plus Ryan has enough expectations put on him.  He needs to do things for my birthday, our anniversary and Christmas.  He doesn't need another day!  

I think that you should be reminded every day about why you love someone, and you should tell them and show them every day.  There isn't just one day a year where you decide to show your appreciation for your significant other.  Plus, I don't think being told by society that he has to do something to show me that he loves me really shows me anything, because guys are basically told that this is a special day and you have to do this and this and this to make sure your wife or girlfriend is happy.  And then said wife or girl friend judges what they have done to determine whether or not it lived up to their expectations.

Last week, after I passed my exam, Ryan told me we were going out for dinner to celebrate.  That was him showing me that he cared, and that's all that I need.

To be honest, a few weeks ago Ryan did say that for Valentine's we would be having a nice steak dinner at home.  I think he forgot that we don't usually do anything for Valentine's.  But we will be having a nice Valentine's day dinner despite my dislike for this holiday.  Any reason to eat some delicious steak and I'm all for it!
Funny Valentine. I love you with all of my butt. I would say heart but my butt is bigger. #funnyValentine #humpingpigsnotincluded
{pinterest}
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same with Valentines Day, I could really take it or leave it. It is a lot of pressure! My boyfriend's birthday is Jan 16th so I think V-day being only a month later plus Christmas all lumped together is just too much. So, we just do cards.

    Enjoy your steak dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete