Sunday 22 June 2014

Summer has Begun!

This was just a beautiful weekend.  We had amazing weather and a pool to lie beside.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Us Canadians get what feels like 2 weeks of summer followed by 16 months of winter, and so we have to take advantage! 


And then there are two year olds.  Oh how I love two year olds.  2-4 are my favourite ages.  I just can't get enough of them.  Ryan says those aren't good ages because they are in diapers.  I feel like I can look past that.  But then again, I'm not changing the diapers of the two year olds that I know.


On Sunday morning we went on a big bike ride through a local park.  It's amazing that this beauty is right in our own backyard and we so rarely take advantage of it.  We travel all over the world to see beautiful sites and we just need to take some time to appreciate what we have 5 minutes from us. Plus, you know I love a good workout and that bike ride definitely felt pretty good.


It seems like we don't do it enough, but my favourite workouts are the ones that I can enjoy with Ryan.  Biking, hiking, waterfall hunting.  You hardly feel like you are working out because you are having fun and also sharing an experience at the same time.  Hopefully we have lots more of it to come this summer!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment