Thursday 24 September 2015

Parker at 8 Months

Where is the time going?  This little boy has such a personality now and it's so strange to think of how much he has changed in the past 8 months.

Weight: 12 lbs 11 oz

Feeding: Parker was getting just one meal of solids a day and was breastfed other than that.  I'm trying now to increase it to 2 meals a day since he's getting the hang of it.  He usually gets breakfast and lunch, especially if it's a new food as I try to give it to him earlier in the day incase there is a reaction.  But sometimes he gets breakfast and supper or lunch an supper depending on our day and what we have time for.

I make my own purees and give him a new fruit or veggie every 3-4 days.  So far he has had rice cereal, peas, zucchini, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, apples, green beans, bananas, carrots and rice cookies.  I would say his favourites are green beans and sweet potatoes.  

He still nurses fairly frequently throughout the day but is finally going a bit longer in between.  
Sleeping:  He typically still sleeps through the night.  When we are in the trailer he seems to not sleep as well.  Maybe he wakes up and doesn't know where he is, I don't know.  And the past week or so he's been waking a few times per night.  Last night I finally gave him some tylenol and then he was fine so maybe he's teething.  (I've been saying maybe he's teething for 4 months now and there are still no teeth.)

He usually naps twice a day as well and typically goes down fairly easily.  He doesn't sleep very often when we are out and about anymore which I definitely miss.

Schedule: In general our daily schedule kind of looks like this:
8-8:30 am: wake up, nurse Parker followed by play time
9 am: Cereal and maybe some fruit
10:00am: nurse 
10:30-12: nap
12: Parker eats solids
1:00 nurse Parker followed by some play
2-4: nap
4:30: nurse
7:30: nurse
9:30 nurse
10pm Bedtime

Some nights he has been going down earlier and I just get him up for one last snack at around 10 pm.  

Clothes: I have finally put him in some 3-6 month clothes!  I thought we would never get there.  The pants seem to fit a bit better, but the onesies are still pretty big.  

Likes: Bath time, people, sitting up to play, cats and dogs, the pool, Gerald the Giraffe his new toy.
He's going through a shrieking phase.  He just screams as loud and high pitched as he possibly can just for the fun of it.  And if you shriek at him he will shriek back and thinks that's the best thing ever!
Mid shriek

Dislikes: ??? 

Milestones:
Parker has been sitting up tons this month and he's pretty stable.  He will eventually fall over but he can stay in that position for quite awhile.  

He's definitely a tummy sleeper.  I still always lay him down on his back and he typically flips over immediately and falls asleep.

I think the spit ups are done!  We still get the odd little one, but it's definitely improved a lot and I don't miss it!  I can hold him and burp him without covering my whole body in a blanket.  Now bulk up baby!

He went swimming for the first time in a public pool last week.  We had been in a family pool for a short period of time and in the lake, but he absolutely loved the public pool and so did mommy!  The depth was easier for me to hold him in so we stayed for about 45 minutes.  He even put his head under the water and he didn't cry once.  We might have a little fish on our hands!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment