Tuesday 22 May 2012

May 24

May 24 has always been a very exciting weekend.  Traditionally, the whole family goes up to our cottage and all of the dads and kids go on a two day canoe trip while the women have a girls night.  Everyone doesn't get up to the cottage on the same weekends anymore very often, so it's a very special weekend.  This May 24 was awesome because I think it was the hottest long weekend of all time.  Yes ever.  In the history of the world.

This year, I decided not to go on the canoe trip, but Ryan went instead. He went along with his friend Kyle and our ring bearer extraordinaire.  There are about 15 others that went on the trip this year as well.


It's 5 o'clock somewhere

You missed a spot


Somebody got a pedicure before the trip....surprisingly she came back with it still looking good!

Heading down the River

Once the men were gone, the women headed up to Owen Sound.  We did a little bit of shopping and then stopped at Keefer falls for a quick look.
Then we made it over to Meaford where we took a look at Georgian Bay.  The sky and the water were basically the same colour and it looked pretty neat.

For dinner we went to Ted's Range Road diner.  You would never go in if you were just driving by because it's in a Kwanzaa hut.  But the food is delicious.  They have stuff like alligator, kangaroo, elk, and bison on the menu.  There is nothing like it and it's a real treat to get to go.
I went big this year and went for the Kangaroo.  I really wasn't expecting it to be very good, but I wanted to be able to say that I had tried it.  But it was amazing! Like steak but a bit sweeter.


Ted's Wall Menu

The night ended with What to Expect When You're Expecting.  It was a good movie.  Funny, sad, happy.  It had a little bit of everything.  I even cried at one point!

The next day we received the call that they were done canoeing and we headed out to pick them up.  It was a gorgeous weekend and perfect canoe trip weather.  They all seemed to have a good time.  I think K-Dawg learnt a few things as well.  He informed me that they saw a blue pterodactyl on the trip! Known to the rest of the world as a blue heron.


Oh and Tali and I also did yoga poses in the lake at sunset.  Cause we're sweet like that and wanted to see if it would turn out.  Some might call us dorksticks, but our mom thinks we're cool.  Okay, maybe even she thinks we are dorksticks.

Overall it was a great weekend.  It was so nice to get away for a few days and just relax in the sun.  I tried to work on my bridesmaid dress tan, but I was unsuccessful, so I guess a few more weekends on the deck will be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment