Friday 23 November 2012

Top 10 - Glee Songs

While I'm watching Glee and trying to figure out why they all think they are super heros, I thought I would do a post about the top 10 Glee songs that are better than the originals (in my personal opinion of course).  Feel free to disagree.  These are the songs that when they come on the radio, I wish they were playing the Glee version.

{via}

10. Landslide - Dixie Chicks
I can't really explain this one.  Basically I just think Santana is fantastic.

9. Get it Right - Glee Original
I know that this is an original song, so maybe it doesn't count, but it's one of my favourites. 

8. Somebody to Love - Queen
It's Queen.  Enough said.  I feel like this is one of the classic Glee songs that they should sing every season. 


7. Marry You - Bruno Mars
This one is mostly on the list because the episode was amazing.  Their dance down the aisle at Kurt and Finn's parents wedding was great.  One of those episodes that just made you smile!

6. We Are Young - fun.
When the whole Glee club gets together and bursts into song it makes me smile.

5. The Scientist - ColdplayI was listening to this in the car tonight.  I can't explain this one either, but I just think that their version of this song is so powerful and emotional.

4. Poker Face - Lady Gaga
Does anyone remember when Rachel and her birth mom did a rendition of this song?  Phenomenal!

3. Forget You - Cee Lo
Gwyneth made this whole season.  This song is on my iPod and it has been listened to a lot!  Way better than creepy Cee Lo singing it.  (Does anyone else think he's creepy?)

2. Rumour Has It/Someone Like You Mash Up - Adele
You can't say that Adele isn't amazing, because she is.  That's why I don't have more of her songs on this list.   I have also loved Glee versions of Rolling in the Deep, Chasing Pavements and Turning Tables.  But this mash up was pretty great.  If I'm listening to Rumour Has It now I find myself breaking into Someone Like You halfway through it.

1. Don't Stop Believing - Journey
I know this is a classic song, but it's also another classic Glee song.  And I honestly do like their version way better than the original.  But in a pinch the original will do too. 

Honourable mention goes to last nights Some Nights.  That right there is why I watch Glee. 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I need to watch that show...Whenever I see the snippets of them singing, I always LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to catch up on Glee. I never remember to watch it when it airs originally, so I have to be patient for Hulu to release the episodes! New follower from the Literary Junkies!

    ReplyDelete