Tuesday 26 August 2014

Meal Planning

I generally dislike cooking.  Luckily for me, many nights Ryan will cook and just tell me to get out of the kitchen.  This is a lot less stressful for everybody!  However I don't like to leave it up to him all of the time!

The worst part for me is actually deciding what we are going to eat.  I have found that if I plan my meals, it makes the whole process much more enjoyable.  Instead of stressing about what we're going to have for dinner, I can just fantasize all day about what we are actually having.  (I love my food!)

So a few times in our marriage (and I mean that, a few), I have planned my meals for the entire week.  I'm really going to try to do this more often as it makes life way easier.  

Here are our meals for this week:
Monday - Caprese Chicken (I made this last night, it is unbelievable!)
Caprese Chicken via thenovicechefblog.com
Pinterest
Tuesday - Layered Fiesta Casserole - an old favourite
Layered Fiesta Casserole
Kraft Canada recipe
Wednesday - Stir Fry - Just for me since Ryan is at Wing Night!
Thursday - Creamy Spinach and Tomato Tortellini - This is a new recipe, so we will see how it is!
Spinach Tomato Tortellini
Pinterest
Friday - Fish & Chips from the fry shack down the road

And just like that I know what my plan is when I get home from work and I'm already excited about the entire week's worth of meals!   

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. i don't cook! ha. deciding what to eat for dinner apparently is harder than math test in high school sometimes. that caprese chicken looks sooo good

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is impressive! I have been attempting to do meal planning - but it works and it doesn't. But even when it does it is not complicated meals like yours (to me those are complicated)!

    ReplyDelete