On Friday, I was 27 weeks and exactly 3 months from my due date. Craziness! I'm feeling totally unprepared. I mean I have all of my nursery furniture, so baby has somewhere to live. But this actual parenting thing, it's not going to be easy. But then, is anyone ever really ready?
And this picture is what you get when you have a grumpy, tired, pregnant lady who barely did her hair but luckily put on a presentable outfit to go to church. I hate it, but what can you do.
- Baby is the size of a rutabaga. What's a rutabaga?
- Or to make it easier, baby is about 2 lbs.
- People are still saying I'm small. I think they think they are complimenting me, but I don't really take it that way. I think honestly that people forget what size they were at certain stages in pregnancy. I would say I'm on the smaller side, but the midwife isn't concerned and my uterus is measuring pretty much exactly the right size.
- Bending over is a bit uncomfortable these days. That's probably not going to get easier any time soon!
- Ryan felt the baby for the second time ever this week, and the first time was weeks ago! My belly also moved when it happened, which was pretty cool.
- I just lay on the couch with my shirt pulled halfway up waiting for my belly to move. But it's like the baby knows what I'm doing and refuses to kick as soon as I start looking.
- I had my glucose test for gestational diabetes this week. The drink wasn't bad, just like flat, warm, orange pop. And it got the baby moving! Then I had to sit at the lab for an hour and wait for the blood test, but I just brought my book at it went by pretty quick. Hopefully I pass because I really don't want to do the two hour test!
- I'm feeling mentally exhausted. Not sure if that relates to pregnancy. I think it's a combo of the pregnancy, Christmas and just being generally stressed at work about getting everything done, training a new contract and going into our busy time of year. I come home at the end of the day and just don't want to think about anything.
- Baby got the hiccups the other night. It was a really weird feeling and I don't know how to describe it. Actually it has them again right now. It's much lighter than kicks, but it's rhythmic and constant for a few minutes, so it's kind of more uncomfortable.
- I hope to make my crib mobile this weekend. It might be a pinterest fail, we will see.
- I just realized that my date calculator is calculating based on a February 27 due date (which is what my midwife says my due date is, but I'm still going with February 28 because I think I know better). So really my week changes on Saturdays not Fridays. Close enough.