Sunday 12 February 2012

Half a date night



Last night we went on a half a date.  It was only half a date because a full date would include dinner, and I made mac and cheese for dinner so that didn't count.  We went to the movies to see Contraband.  Ryan was working on the kitchen all day and I was working on an assignment, so we needed to get out, and we had a movie pass that my parents gave us for Christmas.

I wasn't expecting much because I haven't heard a whole lot about it, but it was really good.  It was about a guy who used to be a smuggler, who has to do it one more time to get his brother in law out of trouble after he dumps some cocaine that he was smuggling in the ocean and so he owes the bad guys.  It's crazy that what they go through in this movie actually happens.  It's a lot of effort for those poor smugglers.  It reminded me of The Italian Job, Mark Wahlberg is just so darn easy to like that you can't help but root for him even though he is doing something mega illegal. 

Turns out, half a date night isn't so bad as long as it gets you out of the house.  (But I do love food, so I will take dinner out any time).

No comments:

Post a Comment