Wednesday 5 June 2013

Farewell, Old Friend

My PVR just died.  I was in the middle of enjoying an episode of The Real Housewives of Orange County when it just stopped.  Then it told me that I had to reformat my PVR, which it wouldn't let me do.  So I unplugged the PVR.  Last time this happened we did that and it started working again, without us actually losing any of the 1,568,578 hours of TV that we had (I mean I had) recorded.  Now it doesn't even read that we have a PVR.

So now I'm blogging, hoping that the PVR is just angry with me and is perhaps sick of playing The Real Housewives and needs a break.  If I go back in half an hour maybe it will work...

Luckily, TV season is basically over, so I'm not losing too much.  We will lose the 6 episodes that we haven't watched of Two and a Half Men and a whole bunch of movies that I had taped from the Movie Channel.  But it could be worse.  That's what I keep telling myself.

On a happier note, last week I purchased a new camera lens.  It's a 35mm F1.8.  It's just beautiful, and she's so petite and cute.  I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it, but so far I'm pretty happy!  I had been wanting the 50mm forever, but was questioning whether I should go for the $250 version of the lens, or buy a better camera so that I could get the $150 version.  Then the other day, I just felt the urge to buy it, and the 35mm was on sale.  It's probably cheaper to spend an extra $100 on the lens as opposed to buying a new camera.  I'm really impressed with the amount of light that it lets in.  No flash required for indoor shots, it's fantastical!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment