Monday 24 November 2014

Bump Date: 26 Weeks



  • Baby is the size of a head of lettuce and is around 2 lbs
  • I have my glucose test for gestational diabetes next week.  Basically I drink a sugary drink and then sit at LifeLabs for an hour until they take my blood.  The test itself doesn't bother me, but sitting there for an hour in the middle of the day might be kind of annoying.
  • I had a bit of a freak out when I thought I saw stretch marks earlier this week.  I think I had just scratched my stomach though because I can't find them anymore.... but it started me up with the slathering nasty belly butter on my stomach again
  • My midwife confirmed that the tightness is probably round ligament pain
  • I'm so happy to be this far along in my pregnancy.  Now that baby is moving around a lot it's so much more comforting.  I don't have to wait for an appointment to hear a heartbeat and make sure that there's still a baby in there!
  • We got so much snow this week and the driving was not fun.  I normally don't like driving in it, but can usually push through.  But this year it's slightly more stressful and I'm hoping that the next 3 months aren't like this.
  • Only up a couple of pounds at this appointment for a total of around 18 lbs!  That's pretty good considering that the baby has probably grown at least a pound since my last appointment.  Maybe I can stay within the 25-35 lb range after all.
  • So much was accomplished this week!  My glider finally came in and we picked it up.  The nursery is definitely cramped, but at least we have all of the furniture.  Now I just need to put stuff on the walls.
  • I also bought a boy and girl going home outfit.  Ryan thinks that's ridiculous.  I want at least one cute gender specific outfit to put the baby in.  
  • I have bought 15 used cloth diapers and 6 new ones.  I went back and forth about cloth diapering but when I found the used ones for an amazing price I just went for it.  I know a lot of people think I'm crazy for wanting to do this.  Hopefully I will post about my reasoning behind it sometime soon.  I think that poor cloth diapering is very misunderstood!  I haven't invested a ton of money in it so that makes me feel much better about it.  


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment