Monday 7 April 2014

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

This weekend was pretty significant for me.  It marked my first ever Blue Jays game experience!  
When one of my friends asked me if I wanted to go to a Jays game with her and a few of my girlfriends, I said yes.  Then I wondered why I had said yes.  I'm not really a sports fan, and I'm definitely not a baseball fan.  I have never even set foot in the Skydome.  But it was a girls outing, and I was due for one of those, so I figured I would go.  Plus it's not like tickets are $80 or anything. (I'm pretty sure they were $20.)  The girls were all pretty shocked that I had never been to a game or been in the Skydome.  (The next morning when I said I had never been to Cora's for breakfast they were shocked again, apparently I don't get out much.)

So on Saturday morning me and two other girls drove down to Toronto.  My cousin lives there, which is pretty convenient.  We went to her condo to get her and then took the most terrifying cab ride of our lives.  We're actually pretty lucky we got to experience the game at all.  When the cab driver told us that due to traffic it would be quicker for us to walk from a certain point, we all pretty much jumped out of the cab.  Yikes.

The game wasn't super exciting for the first little bit.  Until about the 8th inning, there was only one run, luckily it had been made by the Jays.  But I have learned that baseball is fairly social.  Well for me it was.  And that was ok with me.  Then they got 2 home runs, plus another run in the 7th or 8th inning, I don't remember, and it got a bit more exciting.  

Oh and I ate a baseball stadium hot dog.  So I'm pretty sure I have now experienced it all.

But you know what?  I really didn't hate it.  And I would go back again.  I think that I probably actually prefer to be up in the seats that are touching heaven because they are cheap, and I don't like baseball enough to spend $50 on a ticket.  And apparently my chances of being hit in the head with a ball are fairly low up there.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment