Monday 5 March 2018

Tag, You're It!



Parker was running around the house one night saying tag, you're it!  Where does he come up with this stuff?  Preschool.

My kids have a pretty crazy weekly schedule, they are with one Grandma two days a week, one Grandma one day a week and at a home daycare the other two days a week.  On top of that, I enrolled Parker in half a day of preschool per week.  At the time I kind of questioned whether it was necessary, but I figured we would see how it went. 

Well, I think it's been amazing.  Parker is a shy kid, I would say he's slightly introverted and takes a while to warm up to a situation.  He loves playing with his brother, and his brother goes everywhere else with him.  We absolutely love the  home daycare, but home daycare is regulated as to the max number of kids they can have, which is 5.  So there are only maximum 3 other kids with them at daycare and only one of them is Parker's age.

Preschool gives him the opportunity to interact with more kids who are in his age group, and not have his little brother to fall back on.  After he started at preschool I saw such huge improvements in his vocabulary.  He would come home singing songs.  I asked him who he played with and he told me "Joshua".  I had no way of knowing if this was true until I was talking to Joshua's mom, not knowing who she was, and she said that Joshua always talked about Parker.  Ok, I guess they are friends!

The other night I asked who he played tag with and he listed off four of the boys that go to preschool with him.  

It's strange to send your kids somewhere and not know what they are doing.  But I also love that he has somewhere that he can go independently and grow and learn.  

No comments:

Post a Comment