Monday 18 February 2013

Family Day

Today is Family Day.  A day that we all get off work to spend with our families I guess.  Well Ryan got up at a ridiculous hour to drive three hours and look at a car with my dad.  So Pips and I have been hanging.  We watched The Lucky One, did some stretching, a load of towels.  I'm trying to contain my excitement!  It's funny, no matter how relaxing my weekend is, I never feel like going back to work! 

Yesterday I guess was more of a family day.  We had Sunday Funday at my parents house.  My brother and my sister were both home from school, along with my sisters boyfriend.  Since Brady is at school 5 hours away, and Dean is 8 hours away, this doesn't happen very often.  We had a delicious turkey dinner and played Phase 10.  Phase 10 is a fantastic card game that we have been playing since I was just a wee one.  It was Dean's second time playing and Ryan's first.  They may not have the same appreciation for the game as we do. 
 
I forgot my camera, so blackberry pics will have to do
As I said, we have been playing the game for a long time.  Here is my sister and brother playing it in the Dominican 4 years ago.  Every night we would go to the coffee shop and play the game.  That's what you do on a family trip.  We had so much fun on that trip, that last night my sister tried to convince our parents that they should take all 7 of us on another trip.  She even offered to contribute $200 to the cause.  How nice of her, right?

It's a pretty long game though, so we eventually gave up on it so that we could watch The Amazing Race.  Which by the way, Bora Bora for the first leg?  I wouldn't even mind being the first one out (actually I probably would) if I got to go to Bora Bora! 

So there you have it, Family Day & Sunday Funday all wrapped into one!  I hope everyone else had a great weekend with their families too!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment