Monday 11 February 2013

Winter is Good For Something

Two years ago for Christmas, Ryan gave me snowshoes.  We used them once and it was an unhappy experience for me.  Take note: don't take your DSLR snowshoeing for the first time.  You fall in the snow and freak out when it gets wet.  So finally, after our winter storm, we had enough snow to go snowshoeing.  That's right, we didn't once have enough snow last winter to use them. 

This experience was more enjoyable.  I didn't fall once, so that right there is a bonus.  And I brought my waterproof camera along, which I was much more comfortable with. 

We probably snowshoed for 2 hours or so.  Which is a lot, considering I was tired after about 15 minutes.  It's not easy, but it's kind of fun and is a great workout! Which justified the 2 glasses of wine I had when I got back to the house....
Snowshoer down! (And it's not me)

Apparently it's going to get hot and rainy in the next few days, so that may have been our first and last snowshoe for the year.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment