Thursday 21 March 2013

A Professional Student

Today, while spending some time on Facebook, I noticed that a girl that I worked with while in University was apparently late for one of her classes this morning.  This girl started University a year before I did.  I did a 5 year program and graduated 2 years ago.  So by my calculations, she is on year 8 of post-secondary education.  Year 8!!!

Now if she was going to school to be a doctor or a lawyer, all the power to her!  But I remember talking to her about school back in the day, and I'm pretty sure she just keeps starting new degrees.  So of course, my first thought as an accountant is how much money she has probably spent on her education!  Gah!  I don't actually want to think about it.  Other people's financial situations stress me out about as much as my own does.

It seems that some people just get so into the student life.  They feel safe there and the University is their home.  I know how that feels.  I loved University (although I can't imagine being there for 8 years).  The real world is a scary place.  But how long do you really think that you can escape it?  Someday you have to go out and find yourself a job and make money.  And you should probably do that before you are in so much debt that it will take you the rest of your life to pay it off.

And now, for the one reason that I wish I was still in University....my school's Harlem Shake.  (I know we are over the Harlem Shake, but I couldn't resist.)

If you can walk and talk you can go to Brock.  Clearly they can shake it too!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Come and see how 1,000's of individuals like YOU are working for a LIVING from home and are living their dreams right NOW.
    JOIN FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete