Sunday 24 March 2013

Regret

You know when you eat some deep fried pickles, spinach dip and loaded fries and then have many feelings of regret?  That's me today.

I went out for lunch with a friend, I was going to get a salad but we decided on appetizers instead.  I regretted it as soon as we left the restaurant, if not before. 

My thoughts were:
  • "My stomach hurts"
  • "I feel fat"
  • "My 40 minutes on the elliptical this morning did not burn that many calories"
  • "My body hates me"
  • "I don't think I can even stand up for the rest of the day, I must lie on the couch"
But seriously, ignoring the fact that I probably just gained 5 pounds, my body just felt disgusting.  Like there was a pile of grease slopping around inside of my stomach.  Lesson?  I'm not 19 anymore.  I can't eat like that and feel good afterwards.  My body can't handle it.  Maybe I needed to consume large amounts of alcohol prior to the grease?  That must be the key.

So next time we go out together, deep fried pickles and a salad.  (Ya right, I will forget all about my feelings of discomfort by then.  Actually I will probably forget about them by dinner time.) 

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Augh, I know the feeling. I had Red Robin the other night and it made my gut feel horrible!

    ReplyDelete