Thursday 23 May 2013

Challenge Accepted

I went to a Ying/Yan yoga class last night, which is different from the typical Moksha class that I go to.  I guess it's more about a really challenging practice, followed by holding some more replenishing poses for longer periods of time. 

Basically my shoulders hated me about half an hour into it.

So, the teacher wanted us to do this:

{via}
And in my head I said: she crazy!  But she made it look so easy, and I couldn't do it.  So now I have been practicing at home because I just can't stand the fact that I can't do it, and it's nice to have something to work towards.

We also did shoulder stands.  This was even more frustrating when I couldn't do it because it looks so easy.  And guess what, it is easy!  I think that in class I was just afraid of being a spaz and everyone seeing me fall.  

yoga-cellulite-shoulder-stand
{via}
So I guess what I'm trying to say is that from time to time, I like to challenge myself.  Yoga is so much of the same despite the fact that every class is different.  The postures may make me feel different from one day to the next, but overall I can do most of them.  I like having a few that I can work towards.  And also, how sweet will I look next time I pull out that top pose at a party!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment