Tuesday 14 January 2014

Guilty Pleasures

Guilty Pleasures.  Typically for me these are anything that involve the Real Housewives of a random city in the US (or Vancouver, if available).  And although he might deny it, Ryan doesn't mind Kyle Richards or Gretchen Rossi on the TV screen either.

But I never thought I would say that some of my guilty pleasures are shows by the name of "Gold Rush", "Life Below Zero", "Buying Alaska" or "Ultimate Survival Alaska". 
File:Gold Rush Title.jpg
{via}

Yes, something that all of those shows have in common is Alaska.  I think that we watch them because Ryan wants to move there, and I refuse to move there but am fascinated by the fact that people actually live in that state.
Ultimate Survival Alaska
Brrrrrr

I probably shouldn't let Ryan watch them anymore, because it scares me that he doesn't mind the idea of living in the middle of nowhere, hunting for your food, not having electricity and getting water from a lake that has had a pack of wolves living on it all winter.  I would not consider myself to be high maintenance, but electricity and running water are two items that I really value in my life. 

The only thing that might change my mind is if he knows how to actually strike it rich by mining for gold in Alaska.  But after a few seasons of watching that show, I highly doubt that's going to happen as I haven't seen any of those guys turn into millionaires yet.

So just keep dreaming the dream Ryan! 

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment