Monday 6 January 2014

Look Who Can Sew! This girl!

I had a full day off today for an unexpected snow day and I thought this would be a great time to come up with some fantastic blog posts.  And now its 5:00 an I've got no snow day awesomeness.  So I will share this as I completely forgot to write about this 30 before 30 accomplishment!  I sewed something to use in my house.

First of all, it's kind of embarrassing because my mom gave me a sewing machine as a wedding shower gift and this was the first time I used it.  She also gave me the material for these curtains for my birthday in March and I didn't finish them until December.  

So we have this window in our bathroom.  On the other side of it is the sun room, and although the glass is frosted, some guests have felt uncomfortable because they feel like people can watch them doing their business.  So I wanted to make some half curtains, so that there is still some natural light, but people don't feel like they are being watched.  
 I know that curtains like this are simple, but it was my first attempt at sewing anything, and I think that they turned out pretty well!  Look at me, all domestic and such!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment