Wednesday 6 March 2013

If I Were A Young Wart Hog

First of all, the title really has nothing to do with the post, but I started to type, and that's what came out.  It just felt right.

So I know I said here that I wasn't going to drop everything to travel the world...but....

No, I'm still not travelling the world.  But it's fun to think about what I would do if I did want to travel the world!  So I'm basing this on the assumption that I have a reasonable amount of money for my travels, and I will be travelling for about 3 months. 

First stop, Europe.  I wanna start out nice.  I have been wanting to go back to France.  I spent three months there in high school, but I want to experience it on my own terms.  Last time, I had to do what I was told to do, and go where I was told to go.  It was great, but I feel like I would get so much more out of it if I went again.  I would obviously go to Paris, and then I would take Ryan to Poitiers, which is where I lived last time.  Then I would spend some time in the south of France.  I think I could spend the whole three months in France, but I should probably travel elsewhere as well.  I would maybe take some short trips to Amsterdam and Germany as well.
{via}
Next stop is Italy.  Because everybody has good things to say about Italy.  Venice and Rome mostly.  I've honestly never felt the urge to go to Spain, so that's a country I would probably skip, which I'm guessing is unusual for people touring Europe!

Then I would head down to Africa.  I'm undecided about where in Africa I would go.  I would like to go to South Africa, but I also want to go to Victoria Falls.  There's this section where you can sit right at the edge of it but you are blocked in so you won't fall over.  It looks terrifying and exhilerating!  I also want to do a Safari pretty badly.  Probably a week in Africa would be enough for me. 
{via}
I guess at that point, since we are so close, we should head down to Australia.  I think that we should spend 3 weeks there.  It's a big country, that could keep us busy.  3 months isn't seeming like very long anymore.

So with my final 3 weeks, I would go to Costa Rica.  We would go zip lining, hiking through volcanoes and have some mud baths.  Oh and probably play with monkeys.  (Can you do that?)

{via}
So there's my 3 months of travelling.  It's amazing how many places I want to go.  This list doesn't even cover half of them.  I better start saving my pennies (oh wait we don't have pennies anymore, nickels!).
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment