Wednesday 22 March 2017

Birthday/Anniversary Getaway

So I know I went to Niagara Falls last week....and then two days later I packed up and went back to Niagara-pn-the-Lake.  It sounds crazy, but it was kind of just weird timing.  Ryan and I booked a little weekend getaway to Niagara-on-the-Lake awhile back.  Then my sister wanted to go somewhere for March break an it just so happened that both were a few days apart.  Oh well, I had a great time at both!

So since Cooper was born the day after our anniversary, and I was too close to my due date to risk going anywhere, we had said that for our 5 year anniversary we would do something this winter.  I kind of justified it since it was both our 5 year anniversary and my 30th birthday.  I booked a night at the Pillar & Post in Niagara-on-the-Lake, which is probably one of my favourite places in the world!

Niagara-on-the-Lake is my favourite town.  It's so pretty, the homes are huge, and I'm always wondering why all these people do for a living that allow them to live there.  Plus it's wine country, and I love wine.  So we went down on Saturday morning and hit up a few wineries.  We went to Reif, Inniskillin and The Ice House.  

That night we had dinner at The Cannery which was in the Pillar and Post.  The dinner was included in the package that I had bought and it was unbelievably delicious! The rest of the night we just relaxed in our room.  Why spend all that money on a hotel room if you aren't going to enjoy it!  I also don't typically do dinner in the hotel that I'm staying in, but why not!  It's so nice to not have to get bundled up and pack Cooper into the car.  We just had to walk downstairs.

The next day we took Cooper for his first swim in the pool.  He seemed to enjoy it!





After we checked out we hit a few breweries and wineries.  We went to Oast Brewery and then Konzelmann winery.  I had never been there before and I tried 4 wines and loved them all.  So I highly recommend it because that doesn't usually happen.  After that we went to the Niagara College brewery and wine store.  Ryan got beer and I tasted more wine.  Everything was really good and the people there were really nice.


It was a really nice and relaxing getaway for us.  Even though we brought Cooper, we spent some quality time together which gets really tough when you have a couple of kids.  I could get used to this hotel life, that's for sure!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment