Monday 6 March 2017

Cooper at 4 Months

Our littlest nugget is 4 months old!  He won't be the littlest for long though as he's catching up to Parker quickly!  Time is flying by and in the past month he has changed so much.

Weight: 16lbs 7oz on March 14

Height: 26 inches on March 14

Sleeping: His sleep is pretty inconsistent.  He can sleep through the night and has multiple times (including last night).  But there are also nights when he will be up at 1:30 or any time between then and the morning.  He rarely is up more than once in the night though and to be honest getting up to feed him doesn't really bother me.  Sure I would love both of my kids to sleep through the night, but I can handle this stage.

At night I feed him and put him down and he goes right to sleep. His last feeding is anywhere between 8:30-9:30. During the day is a different story.  He will only nap in his bouncy chair or in the car seat if we go out.  If we just stay at home getting him to nap is next to impossible.  Luckily it doesn't seem to make him too cranky or affect his night time sleep.

Feeding: On demand of course.  Mostly though he seems to eat every 3.5-4.5 hours. Depending on when he was up in the night, he will often sleep until around 8 and then might eat again at 10 or so.  He usually does a longer stretch after that and sometimes even goes 5 hours during the day if he has actually fallen asleep.

He's starting to get a bit more distracted while eating and will just stare up at me and smile.  It's pretty cute.

He eats 6-8 times a day.

Awake: He's developing a little personality in his awake time.  Sometimes I feel like he's getting bored of being a baby.  He's at the stage where he's more awake and he can smile and talk to us, but he can't move or grab toys or anything yet, so I feel bad for the little guy when he's just laying there all the time.

It is nice though that he interacts with us a bit more.  I love when he chats away to me.  For the first time the other day he stayed awake in the car and was talking away in his car seat.  

Diapers: Size 2 disposables but I put a size 3 on him to see if it would work and it did, so I'm going to return my unopened Costco box of size 2's!

Clothes: 3-6 months.  Although the shirts and pants are snug around the middle but the pants are way too long.  The opposite problem that Parker has.  I don't think he will be in 3-6 month for too much longer.

Milestones:
Lots of smiles and talking.  
If he's propped up a bit he kind of tries to pull his body up into sitting.  He's not sitting up on his own by any means, but he's in the early stages.
Getting better at pushing up during tummy time.  His neck is very strong and he can sit up on my lap easily but he doesn't always like to push up during tummy time.

Likes: Bath time, if I put him in the bath he always calms right down.  His brother.  Parker gets tons of smiles. 

Dislikes: Napping. When I eat dinner  He always cries during dinner.
He hates tummy time and so do I.  I think his belly is so big that every time I put him on his belly he spits up.  
He hates when I come at his nose with the aspirator.

Health: He still has his cold.  Well it kind of came back, poor kid.  So he's still coughing and is congested.  He handles it pretty well and luckily hasn't had a fever.


I love this little guy so much.    
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment