Wednesday 12 December 2012

Honeymoonin'

I never did post pictures of our honeymoon.  When I was going through the pictures, I thought that there were too many for one post, so I'm going to do a general post, and then posts for the excursions that we went on.

We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon and stayed at Secrets Wild Orchid.  I would highly recommend it for a few reasons.  It is adult only.  I think that you might as well enjoy adults only resorts before you have kids!  I loved that it was right in Montego Bay, because it was only fifteen minutes from the airport.  
The view of the bay from our balcony

Their honeymoon package was great.  I think the best part of it was that we had a free couples massage and facial.  Before our treatments, we were able to use the bath spa.  It was a lot of fun.
The food was also phenomenal.  There were about five a la carte restaurants and you didn't need reservations.  The french restaurant was our favourite, we went twice.  There was also a japanese restaurant where they make the food infront of you.  That was fun.  We never went to the buffet for dinner.  I think we only went to the buffet for lunch once because they had pool restaurants that served wraps. 
Breakfast on our balcony


Candlelight dinner on the beach

The romantic dinner on the beach was also part of the honeymoon package.  When we got back to our room afterwards, there were candles all over the room and a bubble bath with flower petals in it.  Too bad there was nothing to light the candles with.  It's the thought that counts though, right?
Ryan loves the unlimited drinks!  Especially the dirty banana.  I mostly drank the bottled water, because I'm cool like that.
The beach was small, but nice.  Going in November was actually great because it wasn't overly busy.  It only rained for about an hour one day, other than that it was sunny and hot!


Jamaica is a beautiful country.  We didn't have one complaint about this resort.  I have been wanting to go back ever since!  But the most exciting part of the trip was the two excursions that we went on.  You will have to wait for pictures from those though.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! We went to Jamaica for our honeymoon, but stayed over on the Ocho Rios side. If I go back, I would definitely stay closer to Montego Bay, to avoid the crazy bus ride. I'm excited to hear about your excursions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! Looks like you had an amazing honeymoon!

    ReplyDelete