Thursday 8 October 2015

The Mom Cold

I'm sure you've all heard of the man cold.  It's the worst.  
No man cold here:

After we got through Parker's flu a week ago, I thought the worst was over.  Then Ryan got a cold.  I shouldn't really complain because as far as man colds go, this one was pretty mild.

But now I'm here to talk about the mom cold.  What happens when us moms get sick?  Can I just take a sick day?  Set Parker in his crib and say see you tomorrow?  I don't think so.  The kid still needs to eat and have his diaper changed and I'm pretty sure he would last in his crib for about 30 seconds before saying what the heck mom?  Let's play!

So a mom cold is me going about my day, dreading everything that has to be done, but feeding my baby, and washing dishes, changing poopy diapers and then laundering those diapers despite the fact that I can't breathe through my nose, my head hurts and apparently when you're breastfeeding, cold medicine is a no no.  I still can't take meds?  This is news to me!

Luckily, I have a baby who slept until 9 this morning (he did get up at 1:30am to eat though...) so I got to sleep in.  
Yes he is playing with a popcorn bowl and yes he is wearing an I heart boobies shirt.  What can I say, we're classy around here on sick days.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment