No picture, but here is what I recorded for 12 weeks:
- The cravings! Last time I just craved carbs as a whole, which was easy, because I could always satisfy the craving. This time I find myself craving something more specific. The other day I had to stop on my way home to get Miss Vickie’s Salt and Vinegar chips. I have never craved chips in my life because I’m a chocolate person so it was a weird feeling.
- I’m feeling pretty good, the fatigue still hits me hard sometimes, but that might just be because I’m a mom with a busy kid who doesn’t always get a full nights sleep
- I got my snoogle pillow out this week and it’s wonderful. Ryan isn’t happy about it, but I sleep so much better with it!
- I’m excited to start talking about names, I love knowing what we are naming the baby. We still have a name picked out for a girl so we will see if that sticks, but we are starting from square one for boys names, so it could be interesting!
- I’ve been on the hunt for a double stroller. I’m hoping to find a good deal on a used City Select so I’ve been keeping my eyes open on kijiji because you have to jump on them fast when someone posts them
- We told some of our extended family about the baby last weekend as well as our friends. It’s nice to have it out in the open!
- Still just showing mostly in the evening, I can tell during the day but nobody else can. But at night I look super pregnant.
- I still fit into my regular pants, which is nice.
- I got a call from my midwife this week to let me know that I tested positive for ureaplasma, which is linked to preterm labour. I was looking it up to try to decide if I wanted to treat it or not and only found really bad things about people going into labour at 24 weeks…I’m trying not to freak out until I talk to my midwife more about it at my appointment next week
- I would say I’m not as tired (except for Parker having a cold and waking up 3 times a night doesn’t help) and I feel pretty good most of the time. My boobs are more sore than they were in the first trimester and are fuller.
- I announced my pregnancy at work this week, nice to have everything out in the open and can stop whispering to the people who know about it
- We picked names….maybe…. I’m not fully set on the boys name, but I’m thinking Ryan is so it will probably stick
- Up 3 lbs so far, I’m happy with that
- My midwife suggested going to a naturopath about the ureaplasma. I’m trying not to worry about it too much as there isn’t that much I can do
- Parker got an ear infection so we spent 3+ hours at the hospital. Of course he was happy while we were there and so I spent 3 hours chasing him up and down the halls cause he would not sit still. This made for one tired out mama!
- This belly that comes and goes is weird. Some days it’s here some days it’s not.
- I kind of feel like I have a UTI. Symptoms include frequent urination and getting up at night to pee. Ok thanks google, that’s just pregnancy in general.
- I can’t wait to feel movement, it could happen any time now, but with Parker I didn’t feel anything until 21 weeks.
- I’m sleeping great with my snoogle pillow!
- Hungry most of the time
- Reflux has started up a little bit although not all the time like last time
- Sleeping pretty well and overall pretty comfortable
- Craving carbs, not a huge fan of meat, I basically just want to get take out all the time
- The naturopath has me on a bunch of pills to hopefully get rid of the ureaplasma, we will test again in a few weeks to see if it worked
- Up 9 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight, but this is where I was at when I started my pregnancy with Parker, so I’m ok with that!
- Started feeling movement at the beginning of this week! Some days there’s more than others an sometimes it’s really obvious and sometimes I have to be concentrating to feel it
- I find it feels more like definite kicks than it did last time. I can sometimes feel it from outside my body whereas the early kicks last time were more like flutters. Does this mean my baby is massive? Or just really strong?
- Acid reflux is more steady
- Had a midwife appointment – heartbeat was 144
- Looking forward to the anatomy scan in 2 weeks!