Friday 8 December 2017

My Essential Journey

You may recall (but probably not), that I started trying out essential oils a couple years ago.  For the past few years, I have dabbled in oils and used them here and there.  However my biggest hesitation for myself was that I was basically either pregnant or breastfeeding.  Oils are fairly potent and so it's super important that you don't use oils that aren't recommended while pregnant or breastfeeding, or that you don't use oils on kiddos that aren't safe for them.  (Being pregnant or breastfeeding actually isn't a reason not to use oils, you just have to know what oils you can and can't use!) 

I used some oils here and there, but it wasn't until I was having stomach issues a few months ago and had a wedding to go to.  I tried out a digestion roller on my tummy and the relief I felt was instantaneous.  After hours of stomach pain and discomfort, it literally disappeared seconds within applying the roller.  And that was my ah-ha moment!

So now that I have no children, born or unborn, who are affected by my body, I am able to really use oils for whatever purposes needed!  I've recently joined on with an amazing group through Doterra oils and I'm really excited about it!  

I'm going to have a few posts on my latest oily uses and I hope that if nothing else they can help you out a bit or open your eyes to all that oils have to offer!

I first started using oils because after having Parker I just didn't feel comfortable with the chemicals that were in our house.  I started using oils to clean the house with and have loved that!  I now combine my oils with Norwex products and feel really good about the lack of chemical cleaning products in our house.  I don't have to worry about the yucky stuff that the kids are sitting on in the tub, or the floor cleaner that's on my floors that they are crawling around on.

But there are so many more benefits to oils than just cleaning products!  They can provide physical support and emotional support.  They can make your house smell great and kill germs.  

I hope you will follow along my next few posts to learn a bit more!


No comments:

Post a Comment