Monday 19 March 2012

My China Cabinet

One of my favourite things about this house is the built in china cabinet.  It is in the dining room in the space over the stairs, and is just so practical.  It serves it's purpose without taking up a ton of room in my dining room!  I didn't mind the way it was, but Ryan thought it would look cleaner if it was white.  It smelt pretty badly like nicotine, so it was probably a good call. 

We will start with a before and after.  The before was taken when we did our walkthrough, so it is not our china in there! What an improvement eh?

So in preparation for my surprise party (I just wondered why Ryan was so frantic about getting everything done), he decided to redo the whole thing. 

He pulled out the old box, and put in a new white one that he made at work.  He made new doors too and bought some new glass for it. 


Once it was all finished up, my parents happily delivered all of the china that has been sitting in their basement since the wedding.

I think it looks awesome, and the white was a great choice.  It looks really sharp with my white dishes.  I need to get a little bit of colour in there still, but it's good enough for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment