Saturday 17 March 2012

Pinterest Challenge Failure

For all of those people waiting for a post for the past week (aka my mom), my internet has been down. This post was written on Wednesday....I really don't have an excuse for why I did not complete the challenge between Wednesday and Saturday.

I am a Pinterest Challenge Failure and it is upsetting.  Note to self, don't make a committment to get creative when:
a) You are not creative
b) You are too dang busy (I had one week, from last Wednesday to this Wednesday, I had an exam Saturday morning so nothing was done before that, Saturday I had a birthday party, Sunday was a write off, Monday was my birthday dinner....so that left last night)

I did attempt to make something last night.  I tried to make this.  A dry erase calendar made with paint chips and a picture frame.  I have most of the items required, but was missing a ruler, so I could not for the life of me get proper squares cut out of my paint chips.  I'm still going to work on it, because I have bought a frame and bristol board and I can't stand the thought of spending that money for no reason.

So hopefully in the near future I can share my creation.

For future pinterest challenges, I am going to preplan, and find items that I really want to make and do it.  This one I kind of chose because I thought it was neat, but also easy enough to do in a week. (In a normal week, not in this past week).

I can share a Pinterest idea that I have started.  It's called the $5 savings plan.


Basically any time a $5 bill makes it into our hands, it goes into a jar.  It's an easy way to save money.  Was kind of difficult when I went to Tim Horton's the other day and they gave me 3 $5 bills.  All into the jar they went.  But hopefully at the end of the year we have a nice little clump of savings that we can buy something with or put towards a trip!

1 comment:

  1. Awww you are not a failure, it was a busy week for you. (does that sound like a maw maw's encouraging words) and i am also sure that more people than me are reading this.

    ReplyDelete