Thursday 26 April 2012

Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of

Ryan and I got back on Tuesday from a four day trip to New York City.  It's not a trip for the lazy let me tell ya! We were tres tired when we got home. 

Day 1 - We arrived at around 11:30.  We took the subway into the city from the airport.  It took an hour, but probably saved us about $50 on a cab.  We dropped off our bags at the hotel and headed down to Katz's Deli on Houston.  This deli was on Man vs Food once, one of Ryan's favourite shows.  So we felt like we had to check it out.  The sandwiches weren't cheap, but they had so much meat on them that we could barely finish. 

After lunch, we walked to China town.  I had planned on doing some purse shopping, but once there wasn't really in the mood.  So I bought some sunglasses and then we moved on to Greenwich Village. 

There we saw this street.
But no wizards.

Greenwich was really neat.  That's where I would want to live if I lived in the city.  But I don't. 

After Greenwich, we met up with some old friends of mine.  This is Louise and her family.  I lived with them for 3 months in grade 11 when I did an exchange to France, and I haven't seen them since! Louise is in New York for an internship and her family was visiting and our trips overlapped.  We had drinks in our hotel bar and caught up. 

That night Ryan and I walked up 7th Avenue all the way to Columbus Circle, walked across to 5th Avenue and then back down to Times Square.  We saw all the sites in between: the big stores, The Plaza, Trump Tower.  We stopped at a pub on our way back for a small supper because we were still full from Katz's.  Those were some big sandwiches.   

 Our first day was full and tiring.  One down, three to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment