Friday 12 August 2016

Parker @ 18 months


Height: 30.5" tall
Weight: 17 lbs 5 oz

Ok I know he's the smallest 18 month old ever, but I'm really happy with this progress.  He gained just over 2 lbs in 3 months, which is basically unheard of for my little Parker Pants.  And he's noticeably taller.  He might catch up yet before he starts Kindergarten!

Development:
  • Loves to wave at everyone and say bye bye.  You know if he walks away from you smiling and saying bye bye that he's up to no good.
  • Can stack blocks
  • Talks freaky deaky Parker - he seriously thinks he's having a conversation with you but it's gibberish.  But he does have some words that we can make out: mama, dada, Pipsi (the cat), uh oh, baby, stinky, sometimes mama means milk, please, tata, bye bye
  • He loves to give hugs and kisses
  • He sometimes makes a muah sound when giving a kiss
  • Helps to get dressed
  • Loves putting his shoes on
  • When I put him into bed and tell him to get into his sleep sack he lays down on it.  He doesn't lay the right way but it's the right idea!
Firsts:
  • First haircut
  • First time sleeping in the bunk beds in the trailer
  • First time driving the boat (ok Gramps helped)
  • First bike ride - both in a bike seat and in a bike trailer - he loved them both and puts his helmet on his head when he wants to go for a ride
This kid is trouble.  He's constantly doing things he shouldn't and watching for our reactions.  But then he comes up and gives me a hug and a kiss and he says muah when he gives kisses.   He loves his milk more than anything in the world I'm pretty sure.  Trucks are pretty cool too.  

He still only eats when he wants to.  Sometimes he will eat a ridiculous amount and then I swear he eats nothing for 3 days.  But you can't force him to eat.  He clenches his mouth shut and shakes his head.

He's a dancing machine.  He gets that little booty (and it's the tiniest little bum you've ever seen) just a popping.  It's hilarious!

We love this kid so much it hurts.  I'm really scared of what bring another baby into the mix will do.  I know I will love the baby too, and I know that having a sibling will be great for Parker, but I'm also sad that our time with just us is coming to an end.  It's a very weird and conflicting feeling.  

Ok here are some pictures!












Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment