Tuesday 1 October 2013

Pinterest Recipe Reviews

Everything looks delicious on Pinterest, but sometimes when you make it, it's just not as good as you were expecting it to be.  Lately I have tried out a few recipes, so I thought that I would share my thoughts so that maybe you can try them too!  (I hate the way you embed Pins now, so I'm just going to link the original website.)


taco chicken bowls
Chicken Taco Bowls
 I really enjoyed this Chicken Taco Bowl.  It is basically shredded chicken, corn, salsa, black beans and some spices.  The best part?  I threw it all in the slow cooker before work and so dinner was basically done when I got home.  Ryan wrapped his up in a tortilla and ate it as a wrap, which I'm sure is also delicious!
Caprese Chicken via thenovicechefblog.com
Caprese Chicken
 This was another good recipe.  I am a huge tomato fan though.  I forgot to add the balsamic vinegar at the end, but it was still really good.  Cheese, tomato and basil = win.

Zucchini, Black Bean and Rice Skillet
Of the three recipe's I have tried recently, this was probably my least favourite.  However, I did feel that it was fairly healthy and so I still enjoyed that part of it.  It was good enough, just slightly bland. 

So there are three of my recent attempts at cooking.  I'm not sure that Ryan was thrilled with any of them, so they are maybe slightly girly meals.  But we can't have sausage, hamburgers and pizza everynight!  (Which I'm pretty sure would be his choice.)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment