Monday 28 October 2013

Why isn't it called kidsitting when they aren't babies anymore?


We ended up babysitting my little cousin on Saturday night.  She likes our house for some reason.  I think that we are kind of boring, but I guess I won't tell her that.

We played Monopoly Junior, made and decorated some no bake donuts, coloured and watched Alvin and the Chipmunks Chip-Wrecked.  You know, kid stuff.  I like it because Ryan hates playing games with me and pulling out a colouring book as an adult if there aren't any kids around is generally considered to be weird.

As soon as Dew (which is what we call her more than her actual name) arrived, she asked if we were going to go to the store and get a movie and a treat.  She seems to know what happens when she comes to visit Kaileigh and Ryan.  This was her third time sleeping over and she usually only sleeps over once per year.  Last time she asked if we could watch Tangled, which is what we watched when she slept over at the age of 3.  How she remembers this stuff I don't know.

It was a fun weekend.  And slightly exhausting.  I don't know what it is about kids, but I guess the forced early wake up, the entertaining and the constant questions is tiring.  But it's nice to spend time with the kid, and it's nice that she enjoys being around us!  For now though, I will enjoy my childless time and the ability (even though I don't always choose it) to sleep in.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love the pic of Dew and 0liver. Pips should have been up there too. I guess she was probably off pouting about the invasion of her house by these aliens.

    ReplyDelete