Wednesday 16 October 2013

The Workout Mama Bootcamp

bootcamp-button

For the past 5 weeks, I have been participating in an online bootcamp put on by The Workout Mama.  Every week, Tamara would send us 3 different workouts to complete.  These workouts were challenging but doable.  I stuck with it, and completed these workouts every week and added in a few of my own.

I did take before and after pictures, but unfortunately I'm in a bit of a rut and didn't see any improvement or weight loss, so you aren't going to see those pictures.  

But despite this, I would highly recommend Tamara's bootcamps because I'm pretty sure the lack of weight loss is a me thing and not a bootcamp thing!  I have always had trouble losing weight, but eventually it just kind of falls off.  (She's doing another one in November and you can sign up here!  It's only $40 for a 5 week session, which I think is an amazing price to get 15 new workouts and some increased motivation).  It's a great way to change up your workout and get some new routines. 
168181367304232811_Gn3UrUNB_c
I also found it easier to work out more frequently when I had three different workouts to try per week.  It's so easy to decide to skip a workout if you are bored with what you are doing.  But I never got bored doing these workouts.  Plus, they can all be done at home with some weights and a stability ball, so you can do them while watching TV.  It's a win win!
111604896985519447_Z2hiJ9g2_c

At the end of the day, fitness isn't just about weight loss.  It's about maintaining a healthy active lifestyle.  It's about creating good habits for myself that I can carry on for the rest of my life.  If you don't work out now, why would you start in 10 years?  Fitness makes me happier, both physically and mentally.  So although I would have loved to lose some of these extra pounds that I have added on, bootcamp was about more than that. 
82894449360923465_c3LWUwwj_c

Motivational images from here.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kaileigh for sharing! I loved having you in the session! Keep up the great work! You are right that weight loss should not be the only reason to workout, but when it happens it is an added bonus :). There are so many little things that can be tweaked to help with that and I will have a post up on my blog within a week or two that might help :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strength training that is done 2 or 3 times every week will assist you to build muscle tissue.

    Regards,
    Kopi Luwak

    ReplyDelete