Wednesday 18 December 2013

The 6th Day of Christmas: A Workout

Just because it's the holidays doesn't mean you can totally forget about working out!  I know it's a busy time, but with all the desserts, carbs and snacks, the odd workout is more important than ever.  

I love TABATA workouts because they make me work HARD and I feel awesome afterwards.  You work as hard as possible for 20 seconds, followed by a 10 second rest.  Repeat 8 times.  Rest 1-2 minutes between circuits.  You can either do entire circuits of the same exercise, or do 8 circuits of each exercise on after the other.  Don't forget to warm up and cool down.  I use this online tabata timer to help me out. 

I actually did this workout on Sunday and felt really good about it.  I tried to make it a full body workout which was good because even though it only had a few arm exercises, my arms were killing me on Monday!  I chose to do an entire circuit of each exercise before moving on to the next.

Disclaimer: I'm not a personal trainer or a doctor.  This is just a workout that I enjoy.  If you don't generally workout or are pregnant, this probably isn't for you.


Note: For the lunges, do 4 rounds with right leg and then 4 rounds with left leg
For an extra challenge, I held 5 pound weights for half of the jumping jack rounds.  That might be the reason for the sore arms!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment