Saturday 8 February 2014

On Being Done School

On Wednesday I got my mark back for my final exam for my accounting designation.  And I passed.  

As my mom said, I have said that I have failed every exam that I have ever taken, and in reality I have passed them all except for one.  This one was no different, I was positive I had failed.  But I didn't.  And I'm kind of still surprised by it.

So now it's a waiting game.  I'm just waiting for the organization to officially deem me a Certified General Accountant.  And to be honest, it hasn't hit me yet.

I've been in school since I was 5.  I have done 5 years of post-secondary education followed by about 3 years of courses working towards this accounting designation.  That's 8 years of post-secondary!  And I'm done.  It's a weird feeling, that's for sure.  

After 8 years of work, it seems like it should be never ending.  Like I should continue to have courses that I have to be constantly working on and stressing about.  My stress level just dropped dramatically.  I have so many feelings at the moment.  I'm happy, I'm relieved, I'm proud of myself.  I pride myself on not quiting anything and I didn't quit, despite wanting to on multiple occasions.  I'm pretty sure that this calls for a glass of wine.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. So so so so proud of you!!! Aren't you glad Westjet never called you??!!!! As your mommy says "smarty mcsmart smart"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Congrats girl, huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete