Friday 7 February 2014

The Most Wonderful Day of the (every 4) Year(s)!

Guess what day it is!  No it's not hump daaaaaay, it's Olympic Day!

Today is the day that the Olympic games officially kick off.  But I'm going to be honest because technically some of the events started yesterday and I was already totally enthralled in them.  I kept hitting refresh on my browser to be updated on the most recent figure skating and women's moguls scores!

I don't know what it is about the winter olympics, but I love pretty much everything about them.  The winter olympics are definitely Canada's olympics, Vancouver proved that, and I'm hoping that we do just as well this time.

My most significant memory of the Vancouver games is Alex Bilodeau winning the first ever gold medal on Canadian soil.
Olympics, Olympic, Vancouver, 2010, Alex Bilodeau
{via}

I had never watched moguls before, but my sister was visiting me at school and I'm pretty sure it was on a Friday night.  We didn't know that Canada has amazing moguls skiiers so it was really a great experience to watch it all unfold.  I've been hooked ever since.  So I'm super excited to actually watch women's moguls in real time on Saturday.  (Instead of having to tape everything while I'm at work and knowing the results before I watch it.)

I'm also very excited to watch Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir as they go for the gold again in ice dance.  This year Meryl Davis and Charlie White from the states are favoured to win, but this is the olympics, anything can happen!
{via)
But the winter olympics also give you an opportunity to watch sports that you normally wouldn't.  Bobsled, luge, skeleton, snowboard cross, ski jumping.  I hope to watch it all, and I hope that my country does amazing as I feel like the olympics are our time to shine.

And although I may not actually watch most of the hockey games, I'm really rooting for both of our teams to win the gold again!

So for the next 17 days in my spare time, you'll know where to find me.
Photobucket 

No comments:

Post a Comment