Monday 10 February 2014

Snow and Olympics

This weekend basically consisted of me watching the Olympics.  And I don't regret it.  Because of the time difference, the only time we can watch live action is on weekends. So until the Olympics are over, that's where I will be on Saturdays and Sundays.

Saturday consisted of team figure skating short programs and women's moguls.  

The moguls were very nerve wracking because they changed the format and so instead of combining scores or taking best scores or however they did it last time, each run counted on it's own.  So one screw up and you  might not make it on to the next final.
Sochi 2014: the Dufour-Lapointe sisters are shredding the Winter Olympics moguls event.
{via}
Two of our Canadian girls had amazing runs, and Hannah Kearney didn't.  Which was actually shocking, because apparently she's very consistent.  But I'm not going to complain about it!  When we got the gold and silver it was totally unexpected for me and I may have screamed!  And then cried.....just a little bit.

Sunday morning Ryan and I went out for a snow shoe to a park near by.  We had never actually snowshoed through this park, so it was a nice change of scenery.  It always baffles me how quickly snow shoeing tires me out though, and Ryan could go for hours!  Clearly my endurance needs some work!

The park was beautiful and quiet.  Only us and a few cross country skiiers there.

Then we came home to watch the last of the Figure Skating Team competition.  It turns out that going into Ice Dance, gold and silver were already decided.  So this portion didn't really matter for us, but it did give Tessa and Scott an opportunity to see where they were against Meryl and Charlie.  I couldn't believe that there was a 7 point difference!  
{via}
Let's hope that Tessa and Scott can tighten up that gap a little bit and that the rest of our Canadians continue to do amazing!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment