Friday 12 October 2012

I'm Married Again


I have had some problems with my rings.  Ryan and my local jewellery maker did an amazing job at designing my engagement ring.  Everything was fine until about 3 months after we were married.  I started getting a rash underneath my rings, and it was so itchy that I couldn't stand wearing them.  So I would take them off, it would take about a week to recover and then I could put them on for about a day before the rash came back.  It really sucked.

In an effort to keep this post as short as possible so that nobody gets bored, I'm going to try to speed through this. 

Possible causes:
  • sweat and dirt under ring
  • rings are too tight
  • I'm allergic to the nickel in the ring
  • I'm allergic to the palladium in the ring
We didn't think there was nickel in them, but nickel is a really common allergy, and I was informed by the naturopath that I am allergic to it.  It doesn't fully make sense because I have been able to wear my wedding band without any issues.  But I took my rings in and got them rhodium plated.  So much for getting 19 karat so that I wouldn't have to do that!  I got them back yesterday after a long three weeks with no rings.  So we will see how it goes.  It's nice to feel married when I'm out in public again though.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog and I love it! I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete