Wednesday 17 October 2012

Save the Tatas

October is Breast Cancer Awareness month!

Now I think that most people are aware of breast cancer.  It's a fairly common type of cancer and most people have been impacted by it.  I know numerous women who have been diagnosed with, fought and beat breast cancer.  It scares me actually how many people I know have gone through this.  But I guess what people need to be made more aware of is that it can happen to you.  Breast cancer doesn't only happen to 50 year old women who are at the age where they are getting mammograms.  Who's to say that a 25 or 30 year old can't get it?  Nobody, and it's happened.  So what I'm saying is that I guess we should all be touching our boobs on a monthly basis and making sure they're a-okay. 

So with that being said, check out this awesome giveaway at Shades of Gray and a Pinch of Pink.

And have you heard this awesome song by Martina McBride called I'm Gonna Love You Through It?  It's about a woman who is diagnosed with breast cancer and how her husband says that he will be there for her through it all.  It makes me tear up.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks so much for writing about the giveaway :)

    ReplyDelete