Friday 5 October 2012

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

No I'm not talking about Christmas, although that is a wonderful time of year.  I'm talking about Thanksgiving!!! It's almost here.  My most favourite holiday.  Here is why:

1.  It's all about food.  Why mess up a good thing with distractions like presents?  Let's just eat turkey and stuffing and pie and enjoy each others company!

2.  Those fall colours.  Every day when I drive home from work I just enjoy them.  They are gorgeous.  I just wanted to stop and admire.  But I was on the highway and they frown on stopping for no reason.

3.  Outdoor activities.  Ryan's birthday falls on thanksgiving most of the time.  Usually we do some waterfall hunting or hiking on the way up to my cottage for dinner.  The past two years have been a bit mixed up due to other events (including our own stag and doe) on Thanksgiving weekend, but I'm sure we will get back to our usual hikes at some point!  We do always have time to hike out at his parents place when we go there for dinner.

4.  Did I mention turkey, stuffing and pie? Ahhh yes.  I can't wait.  
 
Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment