Wednesday 13 June 2012

Coffee, coffee coffee coffee

On a scale of 1 to 10, my love for coffee is a 25.  It's extreme.  My life would be incomplete without it.  I have gone through stages of approximately 7 cups a day.  Currently I am at about 4.  Except Saturdays and Sundays, because Ryan and I make a full pot and I typically drink til it's gone.  Like how a dog will just keep eating and eating as long as there is food in front of him because he doesn't know any better.  Yes my intelligence level is that of a dog.

I have had some stomach problems for a couple of years now.  A few years ago the doctor kind of mentioned how coffee could make them worse, but I chose to ignore her.  Now, the pains are back, along with some other symptoms, such as acid reflux.  I am wondering if coffee is to blame. 

So yesterday morning was my last coffee as I head into a test phase to see if cutting it out makes a difference.  Realistically, this should be the easiest solution.  I have been wondering about a lactose intolerance or gluten allergy.  Cutting out milk and gluten would be tricky.  Coffee should be easy right? 

Bring on the withdrawal headaches.....

via

4 comments:

  1. Oh dear no....you should warn family members directly when you are doing something so extreme as cutting out coffee. I'm afraid....very afraid! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been warned....at least you don't have to live with me. Poor Ryan.

      Delete
  2. haha. I think I might be a 24.
    oh man ... coffee is some good stuff!
    and really, there are worse things we could do. coffee addicts are still awesome. glad to hear we have this in common!
    do you have a single-cup maker? we have a Tassimo (brewbot) and I am in LOOOOOVE with him. yes, him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have a single-cup maker. It may be in our future though. Because really the big pot is dangerous when you just keep drinking until it is empty.

      Delete