Sunday 3 June 2012

If I Had A Million Dollars

Sometimes, (most times), I think about what I would do if I won the lottery.  We have a lottery pool at work, which means that I have the opportunity to win every week for the low price of basically $20 every 6 months of so.  We don’t usually even win free plays, so I don’t know what makes me think that we will all become millionaires, but hey, a girl can dream, right?
Last week we actually did win 2 free plays.  And both the lotteries are over $15 million (our purchasing rule), so we have a whole lotta numbers this week.  We have to win, right?  Lotto Max is $32 million.   And for any of you popping onto this blog from the US of A, we aren’t taxed on lottery winnings.  We get the whole thing! So that’s just over $2 million a person in our 15 person pool.  I would be good with a million.  Here is what I would do with it.
·    Pay off our mortgage.  Maybe buy a bigger house.  Depends how much we won.  Do you know how much being mortgage free at our age would impact our life? So much extra money each month!
·    Go on a trip, or two, or three…..Probably Brazil and Europe would be first up. 

via
 ·        Take my family on a trip – maybe Costa Rica for this one.  Or Disney World!
via
·    Quit my job and start my own business.  This would give us the financial stability for me to do this and the money to start up something new.  Bookkeeping or yoga studio? Both?  To open a Yoga Studio I would also have to do teacher training, which costs like $4000.  But you can do it in sweet places like Brazil.  I could deal with that.
via
·   Pay off Ryan’s truck, buy a new car for moi.  Nothing fancy, just a regular old car. Maybe I would get the Mazda 6 instead of the Mazda 3 that I have been dreaming about.

That's it. Nothing too fancy.  We would save the rest for retirement, to make interest off of it and for future adventures.  Maybe tonight will be our night...but probably not. 

Update:  No winners here! Maybe next week.

1 comment:

  1. I would LOVE to be mortgage free!! Heck, I don't even need more money than that! That would free up SO much money a month!!

    ReplyDelete