Saturday 2 June 2012

The Return of the Scrunchie

I was doing the banking for work the other day and came across a disturbing site.  The bank teller had a bun, with a scrunchie wrapped around it.  I was shocked and appalled.  I have seen a few of these scrunchies in recent months, but I chose to pretend that they just weren't there.  Is the scrunchie coming back in?  I wouldn't understand why.  They aren't fashionable, they do not add any additional benefit over a regular hair elastic.  Actually, I'm pretty sure you have to use a regular hair elastic and a scrunchie, because a scrunchie alone wouldn't hold your hair. 

Why is this happening?
This girl loves her scrunchies.  She thinks they are sexy.  via
As Carrie Bradshaw said, "No self-respecting New York Woman would be caught dead running around Manhattan in a scrunchie".  I believe this is true for women in Ontario as well.  And all over North America.  Make the insanity stop!

If the scrunchie is back in style, I'm cutting my hair off so that I will never have a reason to wear one.  Is that a bit too extreme?

No comments:

Post a Comment