Sunday 29 July 2012

The Day I Caught Pipsi Red Handed

Would red pawed be a more appropriate term?

We have one of those automatic waterers for the Pipster.  It is kind of like this:

Except ours didn't come with a Jack Russel.

So once in a while, ours appears to completely empty out all over the floor.  I thought it was because it was cheap and I bought it on sale, so it must have been defective.  But this was concerning, because what's the point of having a waterer so that we can leave her alone for the week, if it empties out and she has no water left by the second day. 

So I'm down in the basement today, and I go into the furnace room and Pipsi is frantically running around, there is water everywhere.  It's all over the rug that is in there that serves no purpose, it's underneath the litter box, it's mixing with litter that Pipsi has kicked all over the floor.  It's disgusting.  So I just throw some towels on it and walk away.  I didn't really have time to deal with it any more than that.  Nor did I care. 

I'm on the other side of the room, steaming clothes, and I hear it gurgling again.  I think to myself, "What the heck?"  I go back into the furnace room and see Pipsi, paws splashing around in the water, sticking her nose in it, splashing water everywhere.  And as she splashes water out, the waterer thinks that it needs to fill up and more water comes out.  So it's not defective at all.  Our kitten is defective.  Needless to say, I have taken the waterer away from her.  She can have it back when she learns to behave herself.

Note: I may or may not have invented the word waterer.  I don't know what they are called.

No comments:

Post a Comment